MANCHESTER STORM SUPPORTERS’ CODE OF CONDUCT 2021/22 SEASON
The Manchester Storm are excited to welcome back our supporters for the 2021/22 season after more than 18 months.
To ensure all of our supporters feel safe and can fully enjoy their experience, we ask that all supporters who attend Storm home fixtures or any other Storm event, including but not limited to away trips organised by Storm Support, read, agree and adhere to this season’s Supporters’ Code of Conduct. This Code of Conduct is subject to change without advance notice and it is each individual supporter’s obligation to ensure their familiarity with the current version.
The health, safety and security of everyone attending our home fixtures and events is our top priority. We need your help to ensure you, your fellow supporters, Storm players and staff, and others in the ice hockey community are kept safe.
By attending any Storm fixture or event, you agree to abide by the guidelines within this Code of Conduct. Any failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in you being denied entry or asked to leave a Storm fixture or event. It is also within the club’s sole discretion to determine the length of any ban due to a supporter’s non-compliance.
Please DO NOT attend a Storm fixture or event if:
➢ You are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms or otherwise feeling unwell; or
➢ You or a member of your household has been diagnosed with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 10 days, unless you have tested negative for COVID-19 since the diagnosis; or
➢ You or a member of your household has been contacted via the NHS Test and Trace app and told to self-isolate, unless you have tested negative for COVID-19 since being contacted; or
➢ You have been in close contact with a person who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 10 days, unless you have tested negative for COVID-19 since the confirmed or suspected diagnosis.
If you develop COVID-19 symptoms while attending a fixture or event, please notify the nearest Storm Support representative, steward or Planet Ice employee and leave the fixture/event as soon as possible, minimising your contact with other individuals.
● On arrival at Planet Ice Altrincham or the Storm event location (including away travel coaches), please be aware that social distancing and safety measures may be in operation and follow all signage, instructions and guidance issued by stewards and/or club personnel.
● Although masks are not mandatory (unless and until Government guidance mandates), all supporters are welcome to wear face coverings at any time while attending a fixture/event. Regardless of your decision, all supporters must respect other supporters’ decisions to wear or not to wear a face mask. Any supporter who is caught or suspected of harassing a fellow supporter, club personnel or any other attendee at a fixture/event for their individual decision in relation to face coverings shall be removed from the fixture/event without refund.
● When celebrating a Storm goal, please be mindful of and respect other supporters outside of your household/social bubble. Other supporters’ individual circumstances may differ from yours and just as your decisions should be respected, so should theirs.
● Please wash and/or sanitise your hands regularly while attending a fixture/event. These simple steps help curtail the spread of COVID-19 and other diseases. The more our supporters can do to stop the spread of COVID-19, the more supporters we can have in attendance and the more live ice hockey we all can enjoy!
● Supporters are kindly asked not to approach any of the club’s or visiting club’s players or coaching staff for selfies or other close contact.
General Conduct at Fixtures/Events
● Supporters are entitled to enjoy the ice hockey experience free from disruptive or inconsiderate behaviours or unruly actions.
● Supporters may not interfere with the event and/or athletes/club personnel in any manner.
● Supporters shall refrain from using abusive language or obscene gestures.
● Supporters may not engage in fighting, throwing objects or other behaviour deemed detrimental to the experience of other attendees and those who engage in any of these actions will be ejected from the fixture/event (without refund) and may be subject to future bans.
● Supporters are encouraged to report inappropriate behaviour to stewards, Storm Support personnel or Planet Ice staff.
● Supporters who choose to consume alcohol must do so in a legal and responsible manner. Intervention with an intoxicated or impaired supporter will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
● Supporters are prohibited from engaging in unacceptable conduct, which includes violent or disorderly conduct. Disorderly conduct further includes conduct which is designed to create hatred or ill will towards individuals or groups based on their gender, race, skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability. Any violation of this rule will result in ejection from the fixture/event and may result in further bans and/or referral to the relevant police authority.
Additional Terms for Away Travel
All supporters who choose to attend away trips organised by Storm Support agree to the following additional guidelines and terms:
Ø To adhere to all rules established by the coach company.
Ø To arrive no later than 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
Ø To refrain from engaging in behaviour which could be distracting to the coach driver.
● In order for away travel to remain economic for the Storm, the club will establish a minimum number of supporters required to purchase tickets for each away trip. If sufficient supporters do not wish to travel for any given away fixture(s), Storm Support may cancel the coach and refund any received payments.
● In the case of fixture postponement, payments made will be transferred to the revised date or refunded on request.
● Paid tickets that are cancelled are subject to a cancellation charge. Tickets cannot be cancelled within 24 hours of the coach’s scheduled departure time from Planet Ice Altrincham.
If you have any questions about this Code of Conduct, please reach out to the Storm Support team at StormSupport@storm-office.com.