Edinburgh Capitals 9 Manchester Storm 13

NEXT HOME GAME: The Go Goodwins Manchester Storm face the Braehead Clan at the Storm Shelter in Altrincham, this Saturday 13th February (6:30pm face-off) in Elite League action. Tickets can be purchased online via the club website, www.manchesterstorm.com, or by calling the Box Office on Tel: 0161-926-8782.

The Go Goodwin’s Manchester Storm were able to once again complete a 4pt weekend, with a thrilling 13-9 away win over the Edinburgh Capitals.

The Storm, who were cheered on by a large travelling contingent of fans, were on the board early in the game thanks to GB International, Davy Phillips, who bagged his second goal of the weekend, after 5 minutes of play. This was followed up exactly 4 minutes later when player-coach Omar Pacha blasted one in, to double the Storms lead. Taylor Dickin was able to claw one back for the Capitals, whilst on the power play, before Vinny Scarsella restored the Storms 2 goal lead just before the end of the 1st.

The second period saw the Storm race into the lead with 3 quick goals in under a minute an a half. Matt Sisca, the hatrick hero from the night before, bagged his first of the evening, followed by Davy Phillips second of the night, while Devin Didiomete was able to score his 2nd of the weekend, and first of the night just before the 6 minute mark. This was slightly due in part to Capitals Netminder, Carsen Chubak having to go off the ice due to a freak accident where the puck imbedded itself in the front cage of his mask, meaning back up netminder Kevin Forshall had to take charge of the crease for the Capitals.

Taylor Dickin was able to get the second goal for the Capitals a few minutes later, before Mike Folkes was able to convert his first goal of the season, from a Paul Phillips pass whilst on the man advantage. The play continued to be end to end, and Kyle Bigos scored the 3rd for the Capitals just after the half way mark of the game, before Vinny Scarsella got his second of the night from a lovely saucer pass from Matt Paton.

The third period was a high scoring affair for both teams, with no less than 11 goals being scored between the Capitals and the Storm. Brandon Thompson was able to get goal number 4 for the capitals on the board nice and early in the 3rd, before Luke Salazar popped one in past the Capitals back up netminder, as it got a deflection of his own pads. Devin Didiomete was able to bag his 2nd and the teams 10th of the night, just before the half way mark of the period, before Vinny Scarsella grabbed his third of the night, and the second Storm hat trick of the weekend. With the Storm 11-4 up, Bench Coach Mike Morin and player coach, Omar Pacha, decided to give Zane Kalemba a rest in the Storms net and put backup Steve Wilcock out in the crease. However, things didn’t go quite to plan as the Capitals were able to put 5 quick goals past the Elite League debutant before Zane Kalemba was put back in goal. With the Score now 9-11 to the Storm, Grant Toulmin helped to provide some more breathing room with a goal a minute and a half from the end of the game, before Patrick Valcak scored the Storm’s 13th and final goal of the game 0.04s from the end of time into the Capitals empty net.

Final Score: Edinburgh Capitals 9 Manchester Storm 13